Summer of love

ernie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cyberliquid.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was taken at a festival in Holland (Lowlands) with my P&S. Tried to go for an old, warm film-look by adding (amongst others) some blur & grain. Only thing I'm not sure of is the composition, I'm afraid the couple doesn't stand out enough with all the other people around and the two big columns in the back. What do you guys think?

summer-of-love.jpg

I like it, the columns match the couple, the shadows give lead in lines
and it gives an end of day feel to the shot.

Might even be worth trying with colour - cross processed or aged / decaying colour film.

Good stuff!

I don't think its the columns that take away from the couple... Like tempra said, they match the couple... Its the lens flare making their heads as bright as the background, decreasing contrast so that they end up disappearing into the background. Try burning around the couple's heads and shoulders to bring them out more.

Its the lens flare making their heads as bright as the background, decreasing contrast so that they end up disappearing into the background. Try burning around the couple's heads and shoulders to bring them out more.
Nah that was actually done on purpose to give it that sunny summer look, I was hoping the shadows leading to them make them clear enough.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Most reactions

Back