What's new

Sunday's Hunter Jumper

Chris399

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 25, 2011
Messages
68
Reaction score
8
Location
Texas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went out with a friend to a Hunter Jumper competition. Ended up with a few acceptable shots.

1EyedHorse_zps6293ee05.jpg


CC please on post processing.

Thanks

Chris
 
It's a nice shot, full of energy but flat as a board. well, perhaps not that flat but it isn't particularly hilly either. Go back and reset your white, black and gray points. I would use the darkest area under the blanket on the rider's right side for my black, the white on one of the cross poles for the while point and probably somewhere around the the area where the rider's right foot is near the top of the stirrup. That alone will do more for this image tahn most anything else you can do. Should just make those colors pop right up, give better separation between the colors and a bit more contrast overall. I'd probably also be inclined to lose more off the right side of the frame.
 
ceeboy14 - Thanks for the observation. I must admit i find it interesting as I muted the reds and greens so as not to overshadow the darker horse and rider combination. I will go back to the original file and add back the colors as shot, then repost for comparison.
 
Edited


1EyedHorse2_zps6d2a8e1e.jpg


Better or Worse
 
Very close to what I came up with. I still think you could stand to lose a bit off the right side of the frame. It really isn't helping to frame the shot.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom