Sunny acre during winter (one exposure!)

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Most digital cameras wouldn't be able to render this scene as nicely as this in one exposure, I suppose. The added map is what I did in the darkroom making the print. This time I have notes, so you can ask me about the process if you wish! :)

Camera: Yashica Minister 700
Film: efke 25 (shot at ISO 25)
Developer: Ilford DD-X, 13 minutes, agitate first minute then 10 seconds every minute.

Paper: Ilford MGIV
Exposure: f/8, magenta 20,

Map

Jordet kart by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Print (frame added in Photoshop)

Jordet by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Any comments on these?

Thank you for watching,
Anders

Last edited:
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: !

Nice work Anders - good to be reminded of the old days, Loved my time making prints and think it was a great learning environment. For now though only too glad to farm out my PP, have spent too much time in the dark or infront of computer ;-)
each to their own.....

Well done!
The contrast is very well balanced, and as Dennis said nice burn!

It felt good making a decent print. The difference this time was the careful planning of what I would do.

I must have been lucky with the exposure. With the minister 700 I have little clue where I'm metering, because I have look down onto the top and aim from my chin :)

I must have been lucky with the exposure. With the minister 700 I have little clue where I'm metering,
??? This should stop. Maybe it's time to get a decent hand held with spot metering. For the ultimate in exposure control.

I've been thinking about it! I have also considered the nifty voigtlander accessory shoe meters, but those won't ease the metering process much in lighting such as this.

The metering is the only complaint I have with the M700. If I look through the viewfinder, I can compose but not meter. If I look at the meter, I can meter but not be sure I aim correctly. Usually I try to aim at something close to me that's in the same light as what my subject is, but that's not always easy. I definitely need a hand-held meter.

For all my "junk" film cameras I trust only one with metering and that is a Pentax SF1n. All the rest, if the meter is working, meters are good for snapshots only (and probably they were intend to do just so). Incident metering IMO gives only very good measurement of Sunny 16 rule. Spot lets me plan the exposure so even before I release the trigger I know what would need the dodging and burning.

Interesting; I've never thought about in-camera meters that way. It makes sense as you say it. My Olympus 35-SP lets me spot meter. If I could combine the 35-SP's spot-meter and the M700's depth-of-field scale, I'd be happy.

At some point, I will get a Bessa R3M and a few lenses. I might as well just get a proper light meter at the same time - it seems foolish not to!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back