Sunrise at Boston Light

Waking up early is always dangerous, but while I like the original crop, I feel it has too much sky and water that to me, pulled my eye upward and not so much to the two lighthouses...thus the more pano-ish crop. I did do a bit of a frequency separation to pop the contrast slightly and added just a touch more of lilac to the foreground waters. (Other than the crop, my edit could also be the difference in monitor calibration.)

View attachment 267033
Nice, I like the crop. I prefer my less contrasty, hazy version as that is more what I was trying to capture.

Very nice. Your timing was perfect to get those colors and the calm sea. I've spent a lot of time fishing around Graves. Long lens from the Point Allerton area I assume.

Nice shots.
Thank you.

Nicely done. I think I like the first best it but really might depend on the display space. Of course I'm a fan of lighthouse photos anyway as there are only two kinds, good and better. Clearly two in the better class here.
The crop was more for social media posting. If I print it will be the full landscape. Thanks!

Very nice. Your timing was perfect to get those colors and the calm sea. I've spent a lot of time fishing around Graves. Long lens from the Point Allerton area I assume.
Thanks. Taken from Fort Revere in Hull. Not sure if that is Point Allertin area? I’m not very familiar with this spot, it was my first time there.

70-300 @300 on a crop. The closer shot is just a post edit crop of the original.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back