No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
what do you guys like/not like?

IMG_4693copy.jpg

what where your settings? what settings do u recommend for sunrise/sunset pictures. im still a noob

I don't remember... definitely ISO100... I think I had a rather large fstop number so that I could have a longer shutter time... I think the shutter was 15 seconds or so.

Would be cool if there were slightly more pink in it (not that you can control that), but it looks cool, great color. Have you increased the saturation or anything?

lol of course!

actually, I adjusted the tone curve until I had it looking the way I wanted, saturated it quite a bit I think... then I cut it in half and edited the sky and foreground separately and then recombined them. the sky is darkened and has more contrast than the foreground.

the real picture was nice too though!

It's more saturated than I would do/prefer, but the colors definitely pop and look neat either way.

I like that it looks kind of like a painting. before I upped the contrast in the sky, it looked even more like a painting, but I think I like this sky better on a computer monitor. I still have the PS file, so I can just make the sky layer invisible if I want the real sky back for a print or something.

Most reactions

Back