What's new

Sunrise picture

robertwsimpson

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 3, 2009
Messages
2,471
Reaction score
30
Location
West Palm Beach, Fl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
what do you guys like/not like?

IMG_4693copy.jpg
 
Wow. I really like this one. So peaceful and calm. The colors are very good. Love how the blue in the sky transitions into the pink.:thumbup:
 
what where your settings? what settings do u recommend for sunrise/sunset pictures. im still a noob
 
I don't remember... definitely ISO100... I think I had a rather large fstop number so that I could have a longer shutter time... I think the shutter was 15 seconds or so.
 
Would be cool if there were slightly more pink in it (not that you can control that), but it looks cool, great color. Have you increased the saturation or anything?
 
lol of course!

actually, I adjusted the tone curve until I had it looking the way I wanted, saturated it quite a bit I think... then I cut it in half and edited the sky and foreground separately and then recombined them. the sky is darkened and has more contrast than the foreground.


the real picture was nice too though!
 
It's more saturated than I would do/prefer, but the colors definitely pop and look neat either way.
 
I like that it looks kind of like a painting. before I upped the contrast in the sky, it looked even more like a painting, but I think I like this sky better on a computer monitor. I still have the PS file, so I can just make the sky layer invisible if I want the real sky back for a print or something.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom