Sunset at Chicago Botanic Gardens

I was using a CPL. It's mostly noticeable on the last image of the sunset because that shot was taken about 20min after sunset so the sky behind me was getting rather dark. However the tops of the rest of the images are not affected, and are not darker.

I was using a CPL. It's mostly noticeable on the last image of the sunset because that shot was taken about 20min after sunset so the sky behind me was getting rather dark. However the tops of the rest of the images are not affected, and are not darker.

CPL?

Circular Polarizer, sorry. I know the acronyms can be confusing at first. I never use any other "on-camera" filters. One of these days I'm going to get a nice Neutral Density filter though. But I want to save up and get the VaryND.

Circular Polarizer, sorry. I know the acronyms can be confusing at first. I never use any other "on-camera" filters. One of these days I'm going to get a nice Neutral Density filter though. But I want to save up and get the VaryND.

I have been doing photography 46 years and never used a polarizer. Don't like them.

I really like the composition in all these shots, but they're a bit over-processed for my taste. But to be fair, it's a style that's very popular these days.

I love the composition and subject matter of these shots too. It looks as though there might be a blue color cast running through these images, or is it just my eyes and monitor are off? lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back