What's new

Sunset at Shirley's Bay, Ottawa

hollanfeng

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 23, 2010
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Location
Ottawa, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nikon 16-35mm used for the following shots. I would say the VR definitely helped in this case. (Not HDRs)

4544821860_db04c6413e_o.jpg


4544189289_4d3fc75767_o.jpg


4544822652_a9cc690481_o.jpg
 
Hello hollanfeng and welcome to the forum


The 2 shots with the stones in the water are well done. I like how you were creative enough to position one for portrait and the other in landscape.
 
Wonderful pictures.
 
WOW, welcome to the forum :)
These are wonderful, great color and composition, sharp. I like them!
 
Nice presentation. I especially like the first photograph. These have a clean, modern, web-era feel to them. The black borders and white hairlines delineate the images very nicely. Your multiple rock composition in the last shot is nice, but that one large rock at the bottom edge coming so close to the border of the frame causes some visual tension that makes the scene seem a bit less-tranquil than it would otherwise,I think. Regardless, I like the way you handle a camera. Thanks for posting these.
 
Nice presentation. I especially like the first photograph. These have a clean, modern, web-era feel to them. The black borders and white hairlines delineate the images very nicely. Your multiple rock composition in the last shot is nice, but that one large rock at the bottom edge coming so close to the border of the frame causes some visual tension that makes the scene seem a bit less-tranquil than it would otherwise,I think. Regardless, I like the way you handle a camera. Thanks for posting these.

Thanks Derrel. I am glad to hear constructive feedback. Very helpful.
 
very nice! those aren't HDR?

the colours are amazing!

Hi, no this is not HDR. I used Nikon Capture to bring up the details in shadows and there was some tone enhancement in PS.

Thanks. Here is another one I just completed.


4547289282_874fafacdf_o.jpg
 
Welcome to the forum! Glad to see another person that lives in Ottawa on here! :D

Great shots, I really want that 16-35mm your using.
 
welcome and BEAUTIFUL shots
 
Wow, some amazing shots here!! Welcome to TPF... can't wait to see more of your work.
 
I like the composition on these, but I think the saturation is a bit much for me.
 
Welcome, I am in gatineau
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom