Sunset edit

batmura

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any comments on my sunset edit?

DSC_0354.jpg

Seems like the horizon needs to be straightened just a smidge, by .2 at the most, or even only .1... I like the view and wonder where you were situated in order to get this view!?

Nice sunset, but tell us how you edited it. I don't know that I can comment on it, unless I know what you did to it. How is your edit any different from any other? To me, the sky looks a bit "noisy" on my monitor.

WesternGuy

Seems like the horizon needs to be straightened just a smidge, by .2 at the most, or even only .1... I like the view and wonder where you were situated in order to get this view!?
This is a shot of Istanbul's Maiden's Tower, a historical sight for tourists. I took the photo from the seaside at Uskudar, the nearest place to the tower. Do you think a shot from a different angle would have been better?

I just installed Lightroom 4 on my computer and this is the first photo editing program I am using. I posted the picture above to get some feedback as to how my edit looks. My goal was to sharpen it and add some more contrast to it without making it look cartoonish or oversaturated.

Thanks for all the feedback. I appreciate it.

Here's a different photo of the same tower, at dusk this time.

DSC_0414.jpg

Thoughts?

Blue and yellow sure complement each other, and what may be known in theory becomes obvious here! The not-yet-all-black night sky with this wonderful "night blue" is the best background for the illuminated Maiden's Tower!

(By the way, I've meanwhile taken out a map of Istanbul and now know better where you must have placed yourself in order to get this view).

Most reactions

Back