Sunset on Georgian Bay

jeytee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this silhouette sunset picture of the classic Georgian Bay wind weathered trees. Any CC welcome! :)

Is that an island? I think you need a lot less sky and more land/water in the foreground with the horizon maybe a quarter way up in the image. The setting sun is lost in there, so tiny. A longer lens would also have been better so you could lose much of the right side which is basically empty space.

For this image maybe crop like this would work better.

I'm not a landscape photographer so someone of the other guys would be able to give you better advice.

36782031365_f525a4184a_z.jpg

Last edited:
Is that an island? I think you need a lot less sky and more land/water in the foreground with the horizon maybe a quarter way up in the image. The setting sun is lost in there, so tiny. A longer lens would also have been better so you could lose much of the right side which is basically empty space.

For this image maybe crop like this would work better.

I'm not a landscape photographer so someone of the other guys would be able to give you better advice.

View attachment 145652
Thanks for the feedback! I was kinda going for a small lonely island in the middle of nowhere kinda look. Not really looking to fill the frame with the subject. But I wish I tried it the way you suggested as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back