Sunset on the cove

mdtusz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2010-04-22+at+21-35-22.jpg

It's a bit grainy, but meh.

I think its hdr. Not bad, but i would try to clone out the ghosts (those lil circles from the sun, i think they are called ghosts).

Yup. It was my first attempt at HDR and came out a bit too noisy but oh well.

what is HDRs

High Dynamic Range photos, Carlos.

Actually, in order to create true HDR-photos, you need to take at least three photos of the same scene (camera on tripod, set to auto-bracketing), one that is a bit overexposed (to bring out the shadow parts), one that is the normal exposure, and one that is a bit underexposed, to bring out the brighter parts. (You can also work with five, seven, nine photos... as you please).

Then there is software that merges these three photos for you, and the range of correctly lit parts should be wider than a camera can capture in one exposure alone: there should be more detail in the otherwise dark, shadowy parts, coming from the overexposed photo, and parts that would normally become far too bright in one exposure only should benefit from the underexposed photo and look more "normal". You increase the light dynamics, therefore it's "High Dynamic Range". You understand?

Beautiful picture, seems natural without any editing, if someone would be sitting at rocks it would create more pleasant image, nice picture

An edit to LaFoto's post. I have made plenty successful HDR's from handheld, autobracketed shots. I simply put it in continuous high, and blast away my five frames in one second. Granted, a tripod is much easier. Haha.

Most reactions

Back