Sunset over Hasseludden

Tlarsson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
image.jpeg
Thought I would share this on an international site aswell and not just on Swedish sites.

Hasseludden is a little place just on the outskirt of Stockholm.

I sat here for approximatly 3 hours before the light finally hit a stage where I wanted it to be.

I would appriciate any kind of critique you might have so that I can learn to take ever better landscape photos.

So far I have been shooting landscapes for about three weeks.

Shot taken with:

Nikon D7000

f/8

159 sec

ISO 100

10mm

This is a nice image - very peaceful. A couple of comments: 1) It would appear that your horizon is tilted slightly to the right, at least that is the way it looks to me. 2) Your title is "Sunset...", yet the actual sunset seems to occupy only the left part of the image. Maybe I am missing something, but I would have turned the camera a bit more to the left to capture more of the colours of the sunset.

I do like the smooth waters of the ocean and that you have not placed the horizon in the middle. The foreground is also quite good.

WesternGuy

I would appriciate any kind of critique you might have so that I can learn to take ever better landscape photos.
You've captured a very nice composition. You have competing shapes, textures, and lines all balanced quite nicely. You have a leading line of rocks pointing at the opposite headland. You've captured the light very nicely and I think the camera angle is fine just as it is. Yes, level the image before posting.

Westernguy, yeah now that you mention it it seems to be a little tilted. And the reason for not moving more to the left are two reasons.

First one was that there were bushes just to the left of me and there where no space for me to recompose the image. If I would have moved through the bush there would not have bern any rocks at all.

So thats mainly it :)

Thanka for your tips! I will make sure to have the next image leveled correctly next time :)

Most reactions

Back