What's new

Sunset

guzziknight

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
130
Reaction score
2
Location
Atlanta, GA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
P8100622.jpg
 
It feels more like "black bush" - with the sunset as coming as an afterthought. I'm struggling with your composition here. I appreciate your planning, wanting to frame the distant sunset, but the "frame", big as it now is, seems to be overwhelming. Well, to ME it does...
 
I was actually shooting something else, and saw this. I only had a couple of seconds before I lost the sun completely, in fact I only got about 3-4 shots of it. I wasn't sure how I was going to like this, or if it would work well.

I like it, but I see your point. There would have been better ways to frame/shoot this.

Thanks.
 
Too much frame and not enough centre of interest is another way of putting it. Sometimes a photographer needs to realize that a nice scene does not always translate into a nice shot. In this case, even with a 500mm lens, there would still be the haze problem in the distance and the depth of field problem for your frame.

skieur
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom