abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
-

-

Last edited:
very interesting terrain. I just wish the sun was in it. or something of interest in the sky.

+1

Very nice. I wish you had at least a blue/yellow filter or 81A warming with you that day...

Nice shot abraxas, I like it a lot.

Thanks- this was wrapping up a four day trip and I'd covered about 200 miles of backcountry roads. I would have liked to have been there earlier, but my timing was good and I had as good of lighting as I could have gotten. I thought the hills looked a bit ~radioactive.

I like the colors and the different layers. Not sure about including all of the foreground though. Maybe crop it as a pano?

I like it. The texure of the foreground adds to the scene I think. What is it, a salt flat of some kind?

Thanks Mike, Pugna. A crop would have some potential, but it was shot for a slideshow presentation of the desert lake system of the pliestocene--of which playa (dry lake) surfaces are a featured subject. I worked well into the twilight and got some nice shots of the layered strata in some of the thicker pieces of the dried mud a few hundred yards to the left. Walking around on the curled sediments was disturbingly crunchy and felt somewhat sacrilegious.

Instead of filters I'd rather have had a big-ass joint and an extra day.

-

Very nice! I always like textured surfaces.

Sorry, but here's an idea in case you have a chance to go back there... at night.
Long exposure to capture the star trail, maybe 20-30min or so. You also illuminate the ground with different colored dim lights from different angles which will be caught by the textures. I can just imagine the contrast in motion vs static and colors between the star trails and the colored ground texture... just an idea.

Most reactions

Back