What's new

Super Takumar 50/1.4

stingx

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 10, 2012
Messages
39
Reaction score
7
Location
Weird, NJ
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken with a Super-Takumar 50 @ f/1.4 attached to a Canon 550D. I use to use this lens on an old Pentax Spotmatic many years ago. It's nice to be able to use it again. It's a pretty nice lens.

7164709813_2fb7f62a99_b.jpg
 
This is a macro, not a landscape.

Technically, it's both. I was going to comment on the usefulness of your comment but being that you're from Quebec the point fell moot.
 
The DoF is too shallow for me. The focus is in a very tiny area obscured by the blurry front petals.
 
Actually, it's not technically a macro shot since the flower is not close to 1:1. Personally, I post all my florals ( and I take a ton of them) in the Nature & Wildlife forum, but either is correct.

I like your composition and exposure, but I'm not comfortable with your decision of such a bold Bokeh background. Those huge white round objects are too bold, and out of proportion for your composition. As least it is for me. I keep on staring at them rather then the Day Lily.
 
Thanks Rex and Joel. Useful criticism is always welcomed.
 
I too have one of those lenses and use it on my 5d. Feels wrong not using it wide open though...
 
The Takumar 50's are excellent lenses and quite good for floral pics at wide apertures. I am peeved that I can't use my S-M-C Takumar 50 f1.4 on a Canon 5d2.
As to the picture, the blown out bokeh takes away from the nice composition.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom