Surface Pro 2 but bigger screen - Does it exists?

Leftyplayer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'd like something like the Surface Pro 2, but the screen on that is just very small (when used for programs like Photoshop and Lightroom (I imagine it is fine for drawing and sketching). I know the screen many be fine for some even when using the software mentioned, but in this case there are eye sight issues that affect matters.

The device would be used for basic photo editing (the heavy lifting would be done on desktop once at home, of course) and for drawing/sketching. In an ideal world, I would edit on the device as if it were a drawing tablet (love my Wacom with my desktop). While I could pair a regular laptop with a Wacom, the device would be mostly used during travel/ commute (picture a train or bus) and so there isn't room to spread out with all of that or even to use a mouse properly).

The only device that I am certain would function as BOTH a drawing tablet and also as a photo-editing tool with pen sensitivity in Photoshop and Lightroom is the Surface Pro 2 (and it's various versions). If only the screen were larger.

I've looked at the Fujitsu T902, but am not sure that there is pen sensitivity in Photoshop and Lightroom in that one (anyone know for sure?). Then there's the very new Sony Vaio Tap 11, which seems to have positive reviews, but not yet enough information out there to gauge if it truly does all the things I'm looking for. I have looked at a ton of devices and either they don't do what I'm looking for or there isn't enough information available for me to know one way or the other. I am looking for a Windows (not Mac).

Would love suggestions for devices to look into that fit my wants/needs. Or any other suggestions for light editing on the go when there are no surfaces available for editing with a Wacom tablet or a mouse (don't even say "touch pad" - that sucks despite using tons of keystrokes).

Thanks for suggestions. No debates or derailments please. I really do just need help with this. Thank you!

Look at the new Wacom Cintiq Companion tablet.

Most reactions

Back