Swallow! And geese

Civchic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
NOT FLYING. Ugh. So many blurry shots, so much headache. (I tried dragon flies today too, that was dumb).

may 30 barn swallow by civgirlca, on Flickr

Daddy goose was mad at interloper goose for getting too close to the goslings:

may 30 and stay out by civgirlca, on Flickr

This one there are actually two geese - Daddy goose is sitting on the interloper and holding him under - he popped up a second later a few feet away.

may 30 angry dad by civgirlca, on Flickr

And this is what happens when someone (not me) comes to feed the birds at the pond - speedboat ducklings

may 30 speedboat duckling by civgirlca, on Flickr

Great action shots. I think a few could use a little more cropping. Especially the two geese together maybe even in their own frame

Don't beat yourself up -- those shots are really good. It has the sharpness and I like the composition and the excitement in the story they tell.

Love the last two.

Very nice, all! I have never seen a swallow on the ground before. My favorite has to be speedboat duckling. Too cute!

There's a secret to Swallow BIF's, only use trained ones ;) Nice sharp shot that one and the colours are beautiful, certainly the sun direction I like shooting in. The Geese, great timing and always love seeing splashes in shots, just shows so much action. Well caught Mel. Love the wake behind the duck and that angle works a treat.

All the best Mel, fine shots in there.

Danny.

Thanks guys! BGeise, I agree that the geese should be cropped, but it loses a lot if I crop it any closer - the chase-ee is not very sharp.

The swallow makes me happy now that I'm not so disappointed in the lack of good in flight shots - they are really beautiful little birds.

Not dumb at all, keep trying you'll get one someday. At least I hope that I will :lol:
Nice shots Civ, 2nd one being my fav but I agree it could use some cropping. :)

LOL. I have to say I am impressed with your swallow shot. I can't believe you actually caught one on the ground..and being still. I have been trying to get a picture of the two hanging around my house and it is starting to tick me off. Little snots and their dive bombing. Can't even hang out and be still and quiet..might get pooped on.

Beautiful shots!

LOL. I have to say I am impressed with your swallow shot. I can't believe you actually caught one on the ground..and being still. I have been trying to get a picture of the two hanging around my house and it is starting to tick me off. Little snots and their dive bombing. Can't even hang out and be still and quiet..might get pooped on.

Beautiful shots!

There were four of them gathering mud from that little spot on the bank. They'd scoop some up and fly away. I believe they use mud to stick their nests together, when they don't have a nest box provided. So, find some swallows near a pond or stream and watch a muddy patch on the bank. Now that I know that though, I probably won't see them do it again (it was very cool). I was more surprised that he let me get so close!

Second one is my fav too, but that takes nothing away from the rest. Great shots overall. Don't never give up!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back