What's new

Swans at Sunset

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
3,872
Reaction score
2,368
Location
Somewhere in Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
063020121227-X3.jpg
 
Nice photo, I like it a lot. Composition and use of the elements really captivates the eye.
 
This is beautiful! I absolutely love the story here, but the other swan is a bit underexposed, unless you're trying to represent betrayal or something like jealousy
 
Thanks for the comments.

the other swan is a bit underexposed, unless you're trying to represent betrayal or something like jealousy​

No, it was the effect of the lighting that I increased in processing to accentuate the main subject.
I was shooting into the sun so the birds were back-lit, but the sun was also reflecting off the water in front creating a veiling flare.
Pulling down the exposure and curve adjustment darkened the subjects so I only used shadow recovery selectively on the one swan that was shaking water from it's head after dunking for food.
Purely visual - no intended meaning whatsoever.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom