What's new

Swimmers at Sunset

Rick Waldroup

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 10, 2007
Messages
804
Reaction score
99
Location
Texas
Shot with an Olympus E-1 with a 40-150 zoom.

99087276.jpg
 
I love this image and especially dig the fact that it looks 40 years old. I wonder how the composition would look if you cropped the first swimmer on the right (i.e., roughly 10% of the photo).
 
I love this image and especially dig the fact that it looks 40 years old. I wonder how the composition would look if you cropped the first swimmer on the right (i.e., roughly 10% of the photo).

Thanks for the kind words. And especially on the suggestion about cropping the image. I think you may be onto something there. I think I will go back and re-crop it and see how it looks. Thanks once again.
 
Interesting colours here. It's a really effective shot... I keep scrolling up to look again :p:

I agree about the crop too. It seems better just but putting my hand over the swimmer in the right.
 
nice colors and cool picture. too bad you can only see the heads (except one), would have been nice with some more body silhouettes in it.
 
Interesting colours here. It's a really effective shot... I keep scrolling up to look again :p:

I agree about the crop too. It seems better just but putting my hand over the swimmer in the right.

I also had someone mention about cropping the guy on the far left, too. I might try both versions of a different crop and see what happens. Thanks for the comments.
 
Have you condsidered cropping from both left and right? making it look more like a medium format photograph?

I like the subject by the way, and the picture I could see along side surf potographs etc.
 
Love it. The different postures of the swimmers make the image interesting.

Dani.
 
Have you condsidered cropping from both left and right? making it look more like a medium format photograph?

I like the subject by the way, and the picture I could see along side surf potographs etc.

Yes, I posted this on a couple of forums, and people mentioned maybe cropping more from the left and right to make it more of a square format.

I think I will try that and see what happens.

Thanks for the comments.
 
Love it. The different postures of the swimmers make the image interesting.

Dani.

Thanks Dani.

I had one guy tell me that it looked like aliens taking a dip. :lol:
 
Here is more of a square crop- not exactly square- but close.

What do you guys think?

99574833.jpg
 
So you ended up chopping the two swimmers... Even though my suggestion had been to chop the guy on the right, I'm now missing him... :) Maybe chopping only the guy on the left would have been enough...
 
So you ended up chopping the two swimmers... Even though my suggestion had been to chop the guy on the right, I'm now missing him... :) Maybe chopping only the guy on the left would have been enough...


Yep, whackkkkkk...... off with their heads. :lmao:
 
very nice Rick, like the cropped version the best....also like the view back to the beach, this puts you in the scene....or in the water if you like.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom