What's new

Sydney harbour

peteika

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Taken with iPhone while fishing
 

Attachments

  • $image-3634545703.webp
    $image-3634545703.webp
    174.6 KB · Views: 78
That is horrific. Probably the worst picture I've seen posted on TPF in ages.

I'm going to assume you're not just trolling and give you some advice.

1. Tilt. The water is running out of the side of the frame. You can have tilt sometimes, but it needs to be purposeful and have a point. This was an accident as far as I can tell.
2. HDR. Over-done nuclear HDR effects (or just bad bad color saturation issues) don't tend to help pictures much, and for those folks who DO like them, I think even they would find issue with this one.
3. Portait vs. Landscape- this shot should have been Landscape orientation... it's a landscape. You don't get much easier than that in making the choice, but think about the length of your subject and how much of it you can fit in either choice, then choose appropriately. (if it's longer, landscape... if it's taller, portrait)
4. You're really too far away. The subject is too small.
5. Try to avoid putting your subject dead-center vertically or horizontally. It makes the shot sort of boring.
 
^That's some good advice. You may also want to include a retina damage disclaimer
 
I have opened a few of your threads and I have to say you are relying way too much on photo tools to try to make your images interesting.
 
I'm and HDR fan.. but.. yeesh. not of this shot.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom