T-Max 100 & T-Max 400 120 Roll Backing Issue and Ektachrome 100 Update

AlanKlein

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I just communicated with Thomas Mooney, Film Capture Business Manager, Kodak Alaris. He provided the following information that you may find useful.

T-Max 100 in 120 roll backing paper issue is fully resolved and they are back in production. They will be shipping this week to distributors and stock house dealers around the world starting with the first emulsion 0983.

T-Max 400 in 120 roll had the backing issue resolved before and the film started with emulsion.

Ektachrome 100 status: He stated: "Relative to EKTACHROME 100 status, the bulk of the activity is now focused on narrow coating work to optimize curve shape based on what was learned in the first wide event. Given the progress to-date, we are optimistic that the new film could be generally available in Q1 of 2018."

Thomas J. Mooney | Film Capture Business Manager
Kodak Alaris Inc., 2400 Mount Read Blvd., Rochester, NY 14615-03020
[email protected] | Office: 585.310.5776 | Mobile: 585.520.2639
www.kodakalaris.com

Thanks for the info. I didn't get any of this new rolls yet but maybe Kodak "solution" of the problem may make the film unusable in cameras with manual film positioning like Holgas and old folders due to very faint printing of numbers and numbers missing the little red window. That is the solution: less ink instead of high quality ink.

Thank you Alan, that is a big help for me, considering my busy schedule. You are the man.

I just communicated with Thomas Mooney, Film Capture Business Manager, Kodak Alaris. He provided the following information that you may find useful.

T-Max 100 in 120 roll backing paper issue is fully resolved and they are back in production. They will be shipping this week to distributors and stock house dealers around the world starting with the first emulsion 0983.

T-Max 400 in 120 roll had the backing issue resolved before and the film started with emulsion.

Ektachrome 100 status: He stated: "Relative to EKTACHROME 100 status, the bulk of the activity is now focused on narrow coating work to optimize curve shape based on what was learned in the first wide event. Given the progress to-date, we are optimistic that the new film could be generally available in Q1 of 2018."

www.kodakalaris.com
Thanks for the update Alan. I have been wondering when the Ektachrome 100 will become available.

Sent from my [device_name] using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

www.kodakalaris.com
Thanks for the update Alan. I have been wondering when the Ektachrome 100 will become available.

Sent from my [device_name] using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

I gave a Like to PhilW's post, just for him having made his 10th post in around 14 years! I want to encourage Phil to perhaps be seen and heard from around here a little more frequently! In the 1980's I really LIKED Ektachrome 64 and 100 and Ektachrome 100 Professional slide film, in both 4x5 sheet film and in 35mm.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back