t2i on screen file numbering question

theregoesjb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
top right corner reads 100-7895

i bought a used t2i and was trying to get an idea of usage, the previous owner claimed it was hardly used at all but who knows what that really means.

I know checking the shutter count on canons isnt easy but i figured the file number should be a fair guess right?

so does this mean there have been 7,895 pictures taken?

i found it rather easy to find the shutter count.

i downloaded this file: astrojargon - EOSInfo

installed the file, plugged the usb cord into the camera, and it told me the shutter count.

worked on both of our 450d's

i do not know if there is any reason why it does or does not work on a t2i. but i can vouch that it works on 450d. and, is spyware/adware/virus free

apparently that wont work from 500D and newer, thanks though!

Did you google it?

Look into Magic Lantern firmware.

Last edited by a moderator:
i did google it and found that video, but i wasnt really prepared to install magic lantern just for this... i have done normal firmware updates but the ML instructions seemed a bit more complicated

i did google it and found that video, but i wasnt really prepared to install magic lantern just for this... i have done normal firmware updates but the ML instructions seemed a bit more complicated

I use magic lantern on the 5D2 all the time. It doesn't actually wipe the firmware off of your device. You're only 'installing' firmware for the duration of the camera being on.

It takes like 5 minutes to do if you read the instructions... and ML also adds functionality.

Most reactions

Back