Table Mountain

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
800-d-tree-area.jpg

If it gets any drier around here the mountain will probably turn to dust.

Where was this pic taken (ie what State/Park whatever). ~~~You're always changing your 'location' in your profile (much to my amusement!), so I don't know where you're from, although I assume it's near the west coast mountain area of the US (Colorado?), and that Table Mountain isn't too far from you. If I'm supposed to recognize the name, ooops, I don't (I think of South Africa when I hear 'Table Mountain').

Edit: I've now come across a description of the area on another of your threads....a very interesting read.

In "real life", I live in Hesperia California. A once small high desert community that has grown into a repulsive and annoying chunk of commercial humanage.

On a map, Hesperia is located 35 miles north of San Bernardino (which is 60 miles east off L.A.), and 45 miles south of Barstow.

Over the 20 years I've lived here I find I no longer speak the language (jive B.S. and Esperanto?). I still like the geographic location though.

15 miles from San Bernardino National Forest
20 miles from Angeles National Forest
90 miles from Joshua Tree National Park
90 miles from Sequoia National Forest
120 miles from Mojave National Preserve
180 miles from Las Vegas (I like the surrounding area)
200 miles from Colorado River
220 miles from Death Valley

and countless other 'wierdities' and wilderness areas between here-n-there.

Dang, I was feeling kind of down. Now looking at this, I feel pretty good about it all. Thanks for asking!

Great photo! The only thing that bothers me just a bit here is the slight keystoning of the trees. Awesome photograph though, I love it!

Great photo! The only thing that bothers me just a bit here is the slight keystoning of the trees. Awesome photograph though, I love it!

Thanks Mr. Kent.

Truly excellent. Im deeply inspired. Your great photos just keep on getting greater. Keep up the awesome work. :thumbup: :thumbup:

NJ

Thank you NJ. Just trying to do what I see others doing :) .

Most reactions

New Topics

Back