What's new

Tables and Chairs

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
3,872
Reaction score
2,368
Location
Somewhere in Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit


p661327305-6.jpg
 
I like this sort of shadow image and this one is a good take on it. I'm undecided about the last shadow on the bottom. Part of me wants to crop it more, especially since it's clipped already, but that would change the whole perspective, so I would have to live with both for a while to decide.
 
I also think the crop is a wee bit awkward but appreciate how tricky such composition can be. Nicely done and very interesting.
 
It is interesting. You could almost make a second shot out of if with just the shadows at the bottom. It needs to be leveled, though.
 
Thanks for the comments.

Shot with the Ricoh GR which has no viewfinder. I love this camera, but I do find composing on the rear screen to be difficult in situations like this (bright sun). I was disappointed at first with the clip of the shadow, but I prefer the original aspect ratio to cropping to 4:3 or 5:4 I think. (And you know how much I hate 3:2 in the vertical ... ;)). As for correcting the tilt - I would not do that in a shot like this because it would give a sense of forced composition. The hap-hazard arrangement is part of the attraction - for me anyway.

Not perfect, but interesting I think.

Thanks again.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom