Tacoma, WA - Point Defiance Rose Garden, C&C Welcome! Warning: Lots of flowers :)

brianroe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
brianroe.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been busy with playing music and life... so haven't been on here for a while.

I had a day off and spent the afternoon at the Point Defiance Park in Tacoma WA. The rose garden was amazing. I am posting the facebook link. I would upload them to my website, then post them here. But my internet is very slow and there are lots of photos. It took forever to get them uploaded to facebook and they get compressed beforehand. I took one or two photos of the nicer roses/dahlias from each species/type. I only posted the better shots. I was trying to limit the number of shots for easier sorting and processing but I still ended up with 88 in the set :)

As always C&C are appreciated. I am trying to get better.

My primary goal was to get the flowers in focus. I sacrificed background blur in most cases. Most where taken at f/7.1-10. A few at f/4.0. All with ISO at 100. 2 or 3 I did minor cloning to remove something distracting. Almost all are cropped. I realize that I used a lot of square composures and centered the subject. I felt this fit the subject. Some have a distracting manmade background, there was limited space to work with to isolate the flowers... ect. Others have harsh lighting from direct sunlight. I was hoping this comes across as a "glow" as that is what is was like in real life.

I think the set turned out very nice. There are a few so-so shots and a few (in my opinion) beautiful ones.

OK... with that said, here is the link, https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...454.1073741825.1049083351&type=1&l=d16e0bcf0b

Thanks guys!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back