Tagging Photos

UncleRico

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, All.

I'm not sure where to place this thread, so I hope here is OK. I'm using Photoshop Elements 7 and want to create some tags. Before I started adding things all Willie Nillie (that's a technical term), I am curious if there is a standard taxonomy for classifying photos. I did a few searches with Google and didn't find too much.

I don't want to over-complicate things, but I thought starting off with a good set of tags would minimize adding tags over time and having multiple tags performing the same function.

The ones that jump out are the basics like, portraits, landscapes, animals, etc. Does anyone find value in tagging based on the technique used (i.e. macro), or even technical aspects, such as DOF, or focal length.

There seem to be so many ways to slice and dice things, I was curious what others do to tag their photos. If someone has an exported .xml file s/he is willing to share, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ryan

I'll join you in this. As a location scout, I have a 35K + database, growing rapidly. I use ACDSee on my desktop and SmugMug as a (small) online database. But I am a bit worrying about ACDSee proprietary format. It is very easy to use while on my desktop, and very powerful, but any proprietary format makes me nervous and I am thinking about switching for a more universal format that SmugMug and other softwares can read.

Any idea?

I'll join you in this. As a location scout, I have a 35K + database, growing rapidly. I use ACDSee on my desktop and SmugMug as a (small) online database. But I am a bit worrying about ACDSee proprietary format. It is very easy to use while on my desktop, and very powerful, but any proprietary format makes me nervous and I am thinking about switching for a more universal format that SmugMug and other softwares can read.

Any idea?

Start your own thread, this one is from 2009.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back