Tamed Horses C&C

Ankit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken in Kashmir, India. I know the first one is not great aesthetically but its showing a person changing the horse shoe which I found very interesting. Any suggestions on how to improve it?

I'll give it a try, but keep in mind I'm not a certified expert and my words are my opinion and nothing more.

#1. The background is distracting and too busy. Also it's a little underexposed, and lacks contrast in my opinion. The angle of the photo would have been much better if it was taken at the level of the horseshoe. I understand that you're trying to get the horse in the frame too, but the angle just doesn't work for me.

#2. Why did you crop off the ears? I don't know if the colour version would have been better, but a faster shutter speed could have helped along with a little more space above the horse.

Again, I'm looking to be critical so don't take anything personally. :)

#1 -- remove the two men at the top left hand side of the horse's butt and the guy dominating the right hand side...get him out of there too. Then do selective blurring using the Quick Mask in Photoshop (or Gimp) so the background doesn't get too cluttered.

Thank you for the valuable critique. No offence taken. Will take care of your suggestions when shooting from now on.

Most reactions

Back