Tamron or Sigma 24-70mm

Maverick210

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello guys. I'm fairly new here. Right now I have my Nikon D7100 and my 50mm 1.8 and my 85mm 1.8 and I love both of the lenses, but a lot of times I don't have the room to use the 85mm for portraits and so I usually use the trusty old 50mm. Anyway I am in the market for a new portrait lens. I cant afford the Nikon 24-70mm glass right now and wanted to see if anyone has experience with the sigma or tamron 24-70 and if so which one you prefer. Id appreciate any info.

Both good lenses but I read the Sigma 24-70mm 2.8 is a bit soft under F4
Altogether the Tamron 24-70mm 2.8 VC is more recommended!

Tamron!

It is a much newer lens and has VC, the only 24-70 2.8 that has it.

Thank you all for the advice. I had been doing some research but people seemed to have varying opinions about the lenses, and I notice a lot of people are nikon nuts. They are so loyal to Nikon they wont recommend putting any other lens on a Nikon camera except for a Nikon lens. So I figured the best advice I would get about it would be a good forum like this one. I will be going with the Tamron. I appreciate all the input.

Tamron zooms > sigma zooms
Tamron primes < sigma primes

Thanks everyone. Ordered the Tamron a little while ago. Really appreciate the advise

Thank you all for the advice. I had been doing some research but people seemed to have varying opinions about the lenses, and I notice a lot of people are nikon nuts. They are so loyal to Nikon they wont recommend putting any other lens on a Nikon camera except for a Nikon lens. So I figured the best advice I would get about it would be a good forum like this one. I will be going with the Tamron. I appreciate all the input.

There shouldn't be any varying opinions about the tamron 24-70 vs sigma 24-70, the tamron is infinitely better. The nikon is better than the tamron. The quality falls in line with the price, as usual.

Most reactions

Back