Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di USD

Stevepwns

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jacobeastonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone got one of these yet? They were launched in the US in January and every where I look they are on back order. Im excited to get one of these and cant find one to save my life. I figured since I am using Sony, there wouldn't be much of a demand for them..... unless they just havent released any for Sony yet.....

the Nikon and Sony mounts haven't been released yet...last I heard at least.

I'm curious the see what the member's here, who know how to camera, like the lens. When looking at the uploaded pictures attached to reviews at BH with the Canon mount, it doesn't bode well.

Last edited:
Does anyone know a release date? I thought i heard early may

Mine should arrive around Wednesday. Allegedly it has shipped, but Adorama and UPS claim they must have missed the initial scan. I have a useless tracking number for a while. Whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Mine should arrive around Wednesday. Allegedly it has shipped, but Adorama and UPS claim they must have missed the initial scan. I have a useless tracking number for a while. Whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

When you get it be sure to let us know what you think of it i really would like to get one

Two months later....did it arrive?

Scott (you shootin' everything with it) B

I noticed that out of country vendors on the big auction site are listing this lens for the Sony mount as being in stock. They are asking for a premium in price compared to the listed price by US vendors. Around 200 dollars premium.
I had pre-ordered this lens from one of the large US vendors and spoke with them today. Still no idea of when they might start receiving the lens. I find it odd that non Tamron dealers have this lens while US dealers have still not seen the first one.

Thanks Phil! Just ordered from Beach Camera. I have used them before with good success.

I absolutely love my 150-600! The only downfall, but its not really a downfall since it is a 'cheaper' lens and 5-6.3, etc.

It performs terrible in low light, but then again, only a 2.8 can do the job when the sun goes down and only moonlight haha.

But this lens is fantastic overall. Its sharp, destroys the background (bokeh), and focuses decently fast....Of course if the light is right :)

I absolutely love my 150-600! The only downfall, but its not really a downfall since it is a 'cheaper' lens and 5-6.3, etc.

It performs terrible in low light, but then again, only a 2.8 can do the job when the sun goes down and only moonlight haha.

But this lens is fantastic overall. Its sharp, destroys the background (bokeh), and focuses decently fast....Of course if the light is right :)

Agreed, terrible in low light. But my expectations were of cheap zoom.

I received the lens today via Fedex. Very well packaged. I am headed out of town in the morning, so had just a second to mount the lens and take a couple of test shots. Love the silent auto focus. Seems to be much sharper than my 75-300.
Here are two quick shots at the bird feeder, cloudy skies.

Duuuuuuude. All these pics people are posting from this lens! I want one. (I wonder if I could sell my kidney...)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back