What's new

Taz

Awww. He looks nicely "un-devil-ish" here!
Where did you find him? (Maybe I should ask: where is he kept?)
 
He is kept in a wildlife park in Ballarat, Victoria, Australia... they are trying to breed them to help rebuild the colonies of wild devils in Tasmania which are currently being virtually wiped out by a nasty facial tumor disease ...
 
... virtually wiped out by a nasty facial tumor disease ...

Oh! :shock:
That is too bad :cry:

Good thing they try to save the species in Ballarat!
 
Sharp, clear, well exposed but I think some changes will improve this.
It's not often that there is an image this simple that can be changed in an obvious way to make a big difference.
Note that the animal is in sort of an flat out, non-threatening angle, nothing in the powerful parts of the image, the nose is shiny and bright, there is lots of bright distracting sapce on the left.

8236376913_ffc4f62135_ogrid.jpg


Now if the animal is rotated to a more aggressive angle, the space cropped and darkened so the animal takes up more room and the muzzle darkened so it seems more substantial, I think the animal has much more impact.

8236376913_ffc4f62135_o-copyedited.jpg
 
Thanks but I am not sure that the agressive crop improved the shot...I wanted it to appear non threatening because it is at rest and I gave itspace to show that the devil is a small animal not large ...
here is a smaller shot of the whole animal which is not much larger than a small dog


Taz 2 by Binga63, on Flickr




Sharp, clear, well exposed but I think some changes will improve this.
It's not often that there is an image this simple that can be changed in an obvious way to make a big difference.
Note that the animal is in sort of an flat out, non-threatening angle, nothing in the powerful parts of the image, the nose is shiny and bright, there is lots of bright distracting sapce on the left.

8236376913_ffc4f62135_ogrid.jpg


Now if the animal is rotated to a more aggressive angle, the space cropped and darkened so the animal takes up more room and the muzzle darkened so it seems more substantial, I think the animal has much more impact.

8236376913_ffc4f62135_o-copyedited.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom