Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Summer has boring skies

DSC_2657_1200px.jpg

DSC_2738_1200px.jpg
DSC_2752_1200px.jpg

Very nice series particularly appreciated because I have tried following this bird in flight and found it difficult to say the least.

Last edited:
Love that plain blue sky, but the bird is distracting. :excitement:

Ha! Love the shots, bud. Good detail and bg, good color and shooting.

Thanks everyone! I was considering replacing the sky in PS, but is that considered cheating in bird photography? I wouldn't do it for a landscape, but isn't it similar to just adding a border in a bird photo? I dunno.

great photos

Thanks everyone! I was considering replacing the sky in PS, but is that considered cheating in bird photography? I wouldn't do it for a landscape, but isn't it similar to just adding a border in a bird photo? I dunno.
My opinion is that it's your creation, your art, and you can do what appeals to you artistically and aesthetically. Yes, there are purists who will grumble, but at the end of the day, unless you are producing for a commercial enterprise that explicitly asks for just the picture and nothing but the picture, you can do what suits you. Just an opinion, one of many out there. :)

Competition judges are very picky about things like that but I guess there is a view that argues that as long as you don't manipulate the subject, showing it off to better effect by modifying the BG can't be wrong. After all, choosing a wide aperture to throw a BG OOF is really no different to doing the same thing in post. However, my problem is that I would need to capture the bird in the first place.

Competition judges are very picky about things like that but I guess there is a view that argues that as long as you don't manipulate the subject, showing it off to better effect by modifying the BG can't be wrong. After all, choosing a wide aperture to throw a BG OOF is really no different to doing the same thing in post. However, my problem is that I would need to capture the bird in the first place.
I'm sure it would be cheating in a competition ;) But if we're already cloning out things like power lines, light poles, etc, where do we draw the line? Slippery slope indeed!

And I agree (I think), if the subject is caught cleanly the rest is just presentation.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back