Don Kondra

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
donkondra.weebly.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greetings,

With the upcoming purchase of a new camera I am test driving Flicka for storage... seems easy enough.

Any other recommendations for photo storage/sharing sites?

This is a recent exploration of angled half lap and through wedged joinery. The wood is walnut and maple.

The picture was taken by Grant Kernan of AK Photo's who has just relocated to B.C.

Hence my recent search for a new camera :)

2110744441_ae1e70dc88_o.jpg

Cheers, Don.

You aren't allowed to post pics from flickr outside of flickr according to flickr...

lol.

You can use photobucket to host your pics for posting in forums.

This is from their site...

Do link back to Flickr when you post your photos elsewhere.
The Flickr service makes it possible to post images hosted on Flickr to outside web sites. However, pages on other web sites that display images hosted on flickr.com must provide a link from each photo back to its photo page on Flickr.

I take that to mean you can post the image but also need to post the link?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2164/2110744441_ae1e70dc88_o.jpg

Cheers, Don

I think it'll suffice to put a link to your flickr page in your signature like the one I have.

Also what is it you hope to get out of an online storage centre? Photobucket offers more for your free dollar storage wise with it's ability to setup folders than flickr does. Flickr does have the entire online community thing, and an awesome API to boot, the latter reason being the only reason why I use it.

Thanks, I figured that out just before your post, sigh....

I may be slow but I usually get there :lol:

I still need to check out the features of this site's gallery.

It seems to me when I looked years ago there was a fee for photobucket? Anyway, thanks for the recommend...

Cheers, Don.

Okay, signed up with photobucket. AND had to sign up again to participate in their forums....

So, it only took me two tries to figure that one out, he, he...

Dragons.jpg

This was a house warming gift from a friend, I was into reading Dragon Sci-fi at the time.

I used to like to think it was the bank manager telling me to get the heck out of bed and get to work :)

Cheer, Don.

2 mp Kodak CX 4230

I am in the early stages of a little project to investigate web photo services.

I was looking for:
Being able to host and show plenty of photos
Easy linking to forums, blog etc
Not getting blocked if for some reason something I post to my blog becomes popular.
Scriptable uploading

I couldn't find a free service that does all that. So now I am trying the free trial of http://www.smugmug.com/ and so far it looks pretty slick. But it costs $40 a year to sign up if I like it. For me thats not too much if I continue to like it as much as I do now.

I am wondering about setting something up myself since I do have a hosting space. But thats a project for another day.

cheers,
David

Most reactions

Back