Testing HDR with G11 .. pearl boats C&C

brdy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi new here. i have a point and shoot camera Canon G11 which I have had for about 10 months now. Back then I didnt know what an "f stop " was. As I learn more the more I realise what a great little camera the G11 is. I read something here the other day that mentioned High Dynamic Range photo bracketing. I googled it and eventually tried it out with my little G11 this is my first and second attempt at photo bracketing and using trial version of Photomatrix on one and Photoshop on the other to combine the bracketed images.

I put them on my Flickr page and didnt know how to show them here on forum. Someone answered my call for help and said I should use the BBCode ... so here goes see if they show.

Darwin Pearling Boats by PeterBrady, on Flickr

Pearl boats in Darwin by PeterBrady, on Flickr

Not very horizontal is it? but for first attempt at HDR I am happy (((smile )))

I love the first shot for some reason, even though i don't like strong HDR's i think it works for this shot. I also like how it goes from small boat to big boat

On the second one i wish you would have included the far left boat. overall not bad

I like #1 - #2 not so much

Love the first HDR, though I would like to have seen more of the rocks in the foreground... i think their color meshes beautifully with the white and rust orange colors in the reflection.

Love the first shot.
Composition is excellent.

I'm lovin' me some of that there #1....

Good stuff.

number 1 is great! whats the difference between 1 and 2? what makes them different, cause the first one is so much better.

#1 is awesome. I think what really makes it POP is the different hull colors, along with the colors of the ropes tying them down, so to speak.

I actually like #2 better. It appears to be brighter and, to me, more life-like. #1 seems artificial to me - almost like it's plastic.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back