Tethered Shooting 40D in the studio

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to have a go at tethered shooting in the studio. I tried at home and it's working fine in EOS Utility. Problem is, the USB cable is quite short...

Any problems with using extensions, or are there proper alternatives out there...longer, curly, or whatever? What do you use?

Cheers

I want to have a go at tethered shooting in the studio. I tried at home and it's working fine in EOS Utility. Problem is, the USB cable is quite short...

Any problems with using extensions, or are there proper alternatives out there...longer, curly, or whatever? What do you use?

Cheers

16' is the longest USB cable you can rely on with out a powered hub in between. This is what I like for tethered shooting in the studio.

Last edited by a moderator:
That camera stand is badass - if I ever have a studio it will have one of those in it.

Cheers

16' is the longest USB cable you can rely on with out a powered hub in between. This is what I like for tethered shooting in the studio.

That camera stand is badass - if I ever have a studio it will have one of those in it.

For a measly $1,300.00 plus shipping and handling and it can be yours.
Tallyn's Professional Photographic - Item Description Page

RRS BH-55 and laptop stand extra.:D

Here's a somewhat less expensive platform-on-tripod alternative:

Amazon.com: Manfrotto 183 Projector Table Attachment - Replaces 3290: Camera & Photo

You could also look at the http://gotripad.com/

I
t even has a muthaphukken cupholder.

Thanks guys...cheap and cheerful to start with. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back