What's new

Thanks pixmedic!

tevo

Recovering TPF Junkie
Joined
Nov 19, 2010
Messages
2,507
Reaction score
440
Location
San Jose, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
"Last week, I received an Adorama color corrected lightbox from a very generous individual on a photography forum I post on, entirely for free. This has been an absolute asset for viewing negatives, and has helped to tie my film outfit together. He continues to give his secondhand gear to needy homes for free, soley for the sake of improving the photography community around him. His selfless contributions to the ones around him restore my faith in humanity, and remind me that there are good people alive today. Thanks pixmedic!" :sexywink:


Day 76: March 26, 2013 by theofficialtevo, on Flickr
 
It's fun to give away stuff you aren't using to someone who will put it to good use. I just donated a passel of enlargers, trays, two sinks, a temp mix setup and gobs of filters to the Dreyfoos School of the Arts in N. Miami Beach. There was just to much of everything and too expensive to ship. The director of the program drove up from West Palm to where I live (about 470 miles), picked the goods up, drove back and was ready for class the next morning. You got to reward dedication like that. This was the second such enlarger donation as I gave him 22 enlargers the previous year.

Very soon, I will have another 20 enlargers, etc to donate to anyone willing to come get them. These are mostly 35mm to 2 1/4 negative size enlargers. As well, there will be numerous safelights, two double sinks - fiberglass and trays out the bazooty. I will make an announcement on the forum and after a week, will call Peter again as he hosts one of the largest high school photo programs in the US. He'll take them, if nothing else for spare parts.
 
Classy CB

Film is all but dead around these parts. I put a Beseler 23XL in the free paper for 3 weeks in a row, and not a nibble. A perfectly good enlarger ended up going out in the trash.
Your right, shipping costs would kill any deal outside of a direct pick up area.
 
thanks tevo, i am glad to see it getting some use.
great speech BTW. I will have to commission you to write my eulogy.
now, if i can only get a little more interest in the two cameras i have up.
cant believe people aren't jumping on that little fuji 35mm DX camera. it is cool as hell, and that glass is tack sharp! I guess everyone is scared of not having a zoom lens.
I think I am going the opposite way, and investing in some more primes.
oh well, still a little time left.
C'est la vie.

thanks again tevo.
 
thanks tevo, i am glad to see it getting some use.
great speech BTW. I will have to commission you to write my eulogy.
now, if i can only get a little more interest in the two cameras i have up.
cant believe people aren't jumping on that little fuji 35mm DX camera. it is cool as hell, and that glass is tack sharp! I guess everyone is scared of not having a zoom lens.
I think I am going the opposite way, and investing in some more primes.
oh well, still a little time left.
C'est la vie.

thanks again tevo.

It's great! Makes viewing negatives so much easier, I don't have to wait for the scan anymore. And I will be happy to write your eulogy, on the condition that you won't need me to for the next few decades.
 
Nice!
bigthumb.gif
 
It's fun to give away stuff you aren't using to someone who will put it to good use. I just donated a passel of enlargers, trays, two sinks, a temp mix setup and gobs of filters to the Dreyfoos School of the Arts in N. Miami Beach. There was just to much of everything and too expensive to ship. The director of the program drove up from West Palm to where I live (about 470 miles), picked the goods up, drove back and was ready for class the next morning. You got to reward dedication like that. This was the second such enlarger donation as I gave him 22 enlargers the previous year.

Very soon, I will have another 20 enlargers, etc to donate to anyone willing to come get them. These are mostly 35mm to 2 1/4 negative size enlargers. As well, there will be numerous safelights, two double sinks - fiberglass and trays out the bazooty. I will make an announcement on the forum and after a week, will call Peter again as he hosts one of the largest high school photo programs in the US. He'll take them, if nothing else for spare parts.


I'd be will to take some of that off your hands but I don't think I can make the drive!
 
Classy CB

Film is all but dead around these parts. I put a Beseler 23XL in the free paper for 3 weeks in a row, and not a nibble. A perfectly good enlarger ended up going out in the trash.
Your right, shipping costs would kill any deal outside of a direct pick up area.

I wish I could find people giving stuff away around here like that....
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom