The Alpha Situation

SmoHuffmister

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello! I am looking to buy a Sony Alpha for the reason of already owning a Sony lens (DT 3.5-5.6/18-70mm) and 3 Minolta lenses. (Maxxum 50mm 1:1.7(22) / Maxxum 35-105mm 1:3.5(22)-4.5 / Maxxum 75-300mm 4.5-5.6).

I set my budget and ended up having 2 options:

1.- Sony's Flagship. The a900.
2.- The well respected a700 and a beautiful Carl Zeiss Sonar T* 135mm 1.8 Telephoto lens.

I own 2 Minolta flashes, a really small one and a medium size one, so the absence of a flash in the a900 is not a problem really.

There are many very visible advantages a Sony a900 offers comparing it with the a700. But, will the lenses I already own give me all those advantages? Or should I expect better quality and satisfaction from the a700 and a Carl Zeiss joining my lens stack?

I would really like to hear some opinions about the topic.
What recommendations do you think I should take notice about?
Thank you for your time.

Get the A900. It has the best resolution of any digital camera and at the best price as well.

skieur

Isn't that 18-70mm a "crop" lens? If so, then it wouldn't do on the full format a900...

Isn't that 18-70mm a "crop" lens? If so, then it wouldn't do on the full format a900...

Yes, it is a "crop" lens. It can be used on the A900 because there is a "switch" for crop lenses but needless to say a full format lens is always best.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back