"The Ash tree, how graceful . . . ."

Fangman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ash-dawn.jpg

Ivy clad Ash tree in the hedge behind our house at dawn this week.

Very nice! I love Ash trees, they're so creepy and old fashioned looking.

The shot reminds me of an album cover for the band Days of the New:

1509.jpg

I see what you mean - I shall have to move the fishing lake 100 yards or so up the field to get the reflection and shoot the gulls!

I love shooting trees, of all kinds.

Maybe losing the birds would focus on the tree???

Great shot, the birds really set it apart from similar images I've seen, great job!

very nice. Looks a bit soft to me. did you use a tripod?
Also I noticed a few "spots" in the upper left hand corner of the picture. maybe dust on your sensor or dirty lens.

I like the birds in the shot a whole lot. that definatly was worth getting up early for!

I was out getting shots of the gulls that our neighbour from the farm at the back of us feeds every morning - fries up the un-saleable potatoes to chips (french fries) would you believe. It was a case of grabbing the camera with the 70-200 sigma f2.8 without lugging tripod. The light as you can see was far from good and I resorted to a setting of ISO 500 to try to get a shutter speed that could be hand held - even then most shots were at f2.8-F4. I manages to get shots for her that were OK for 6x4's and the tree was one I could not resist - this looked OK as a 8x11" - but not competition material. Another morning I will have to get up even earlier and take the tripod!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back