What's new

The Barn: More then a snapshot?

I'd like to hear what you think of it first... What do you think is the best part of this photo?
 
Try B&W...dunno about this one.
 
I'd like to hear what you think of it first... What do you think is the best part of this photo?

I like the way the road and fence take your eye back to the two buildings that are framed by the matching trees. With the fall /winter colors, it reminds me more of a painting hung on the wall then a simple snapshot.
 
It has a little potential as a "scene", but it lacks anything really special to nail it, and I think it's a little tight on left and right sides... more of a panorama would have worked better here I think. Some sheep or cows would have helped, potentially. Snow might have been nice. Leaves would have worked.

all that said, keep in mind I live in New England... I see barns everywhere... and "scenes" tend to bore the snot out of me, so I'm both picky and desensitized. :)
 
It has a little potential as a "scene", but it lacks anything really special to nail it, and I think it's a little tight on left and right sides... more of a panorama would have worked better here I think. Some sheep or cows would have helped, potentially. Snow might have been nice. Leaves would have worked.

all that said, keep in mind I live in New England... I see barns everywhere... and "scenes" tend to bore the snot out of me, so I'm both picky and desensitized. :)

Well, ok then. We'll make that a snapshot vote.. :lol:
 
Nah, not the right picture for B&W for me.
 
It didn't work as a B&W and as a color image..eh, so-so for me..
 
I agree - everything you just stated is - technically - correct... However, I like to go back to basics and draw on one rule ..... the photograph needs to have something interesting in it. I don't see too much that would capture interest. Now, the term "Interesting" dzn't always have to mean the "Topic/subject" of the photograph - it could be the way it's presented (B&W), it could be perspective, and ... it could be color. I think this could be a REALLY good photograph if taken in the Fall with tons of color. - Same image, just a lot more color to it.

I like your thinking though..... :wink:

r
 
Thanks, as the title stated, I wasn't sure. To me it's a pleasant scene, but I wasn't sure it crossed out of the snapshot role. There's more pixels where that came from :wink:
 
Every time this thread comes up I get the Boston song stuck in my head ... Only with "snapshot"...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom