What's new

The Best of the OC

scrutiny1

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
153
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken in LAGUNA BEACH, California

#1
DSC01079.jpg

#2
DSC01089.jpg

#3
DSC01090.jpg

#4
DSC00679.jpg

#5
DSC00914.jpg

#6
DSC00769.jpg

#7
DSC00795.jpg

#8
DSC00881.jpg
 
#2 is out of focus, other than that, I like it. I like #6. I'd have to say that #3 is my favorite though.
 
in terms of composition i like 2 the most. but I can find nothing in focus there. How did you achieve that, is it maybe softened on purpose?

most of the other images are also a bit off focus, but 2 is the worst.
 
I wanted #2 focused like that, and then I softened the edges. I'm sorry if you don't like it, but that is the way I wanted it to be.
 
Oh don't worry, we like it! I think that when it comes down to it, as long as you like your work, your opinion is the only one that matters. :) Keep up the work, and welcome to TPF!
 
Perhaps this is better, Alex?

DSC01089-1.jpg
 
I wanted #2 focused like that, and then I softened the edges. I'm sorry if you don't like it, but that is the way I wanted it to be.

Oh, i forgot to mention that when I do not like something, that is just a personal opinion and taste. No need to follow my opinion here, don't worry.

very soft images are generally not my taste, i like it if something is in focus, which can be just a tiny bit of the whole image (like when you use very shallow depth of field).

If your intention was to have it soft, then it should be soft! Just it won't be my personal favourite then ;)


actually, your new version to me appears not too different from your first version, which again proves that we just have different ideas about this image :)

if i had taken this myself, i would have tried to have either the small building at the beach, or something in the foreground, or even some of the waves in focus. i love the colours anyway :)
 
this is more the direction i personally would go (well, my editing skills are rather poor i know ;) ... tried to get those flowers into "focus"):

DSC01089-1_edit.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom