The Boy and the Sea

vesko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys, thank you for the comments about “Morning tranquillity”.

What do you think about these...

1. Morning

Morning8.jpg

2. Morning 2

Morning6.jpg

3. Morning3

Morning9.jpg

Morning14.jpg

5. The Boy and the Sea

The-Boy-and-the-Sea.jpg

6. The Boy and the Sea2

The-Boy-and-the-Sea4.jpg

How can I capture the grandness of what I saw?

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
You did quite well in capturing the grandness of what you saw, mostly so in Photos 2 and 3. Those are quite, quite impressive.

The Boy And The Sea as motif does not impress me as much, least of all in the last, where he is utterly un-impressed by anything to do with the sky or the sea. I would have left that one out, unless you mean to say something other than that this spectacle was impressive to just about everyone, no matter their age.

But Photo 2, followed by 3 ... they speak quite a lot. The sun really PIERCED the clouds (must have HURT those clouds, don't you think so? ;)) and the rays look STRONG. WOW.

Mesoam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
a bit grainy, not spectacular...HOWEVER i find myself coming back and staring.....

RKW3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Great captures!

OP
vesko

vesko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys,

LaFoto, this is a good way to express it. The sun was really trying to find way through. I still have the feeling my images don’t represent truly the light spectacle I witnessed that morning. I will learn... Also, you are right about the Boy – he isn’t interesting. Thanks!

Mesoam, I agree, especially No 3 (f/11 1/320s 17-85@85mm). It was too late for all images, when I realized the ISO was 400 (unchanged from the previous night). A truly newbie mistake.

DragonHeart, can you tell me what kind of post-processing did you do? I like the colors better.

Thanks again!

DragonHeart

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bwickedphotography.com
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys,

DragonHeart, can you tell me what kind of post-processing did you do? I like the colors better.

Thanks again!

Vesko: Really simple. Just took it into Photoshop and did a Remove Digital Camera Noise and the Smart Photo Fix and adjusted the levels slightly from what it suggested.

Most reactions

ClickASnap