What's new

The Boy and the Sea

vesko

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
Location
Sydney, Australia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys, thank you for the comments about “Morning tranquillity”.

What do you think about these...

1. Morning

Morning8.jpg


2. Morning 2

Morning6.jpg


3. Morning3

Morning9.jpg


4.

Morning14.jpg


5. The Boy and the Sea

The-Boy-and-the-Sea.jpg


6. The Boy and the Sea2

The-Boy-and-the-Sea4.jpg


How can I capture the grandness of what I saw?
 
You did quite well in capturing the grandness of what you saw, mostly so in Photos 2 and 3. Those are quite, quite impressive.

The Boy And The Sea as motif does not impress me as much, least of all in the last, where he is utterly un-impressed by anything to do with the sky or the sea. I would have left that one out, unless you mean to say something other than that this spectacle was impressive to just about everyone, no matter their age.

But Photo 2, followed by 3 ... they speak quite a lot. The sun really PIERCED the clouds (must have HURT those clouds, don't you think so? ;)) and the rays look STRONG. WOW.
 
a bit grainy, not spectacular...HOWEVER i find myself coming back and staring.....
 
Hope you dont mind.. I loved this pic, just did some post-processing on it...
Morning8.jpg
 
Great captures!
 
Hi guys,

LaFoto, this is a good way to express it. The sun was really trying to find way through. I still have the feeling my images don’t represent truly the light spectacle I witnessed that morning. I will learn... Also, you are right about the Boy – he isn’t interesting. Thanks!

Mesoam, I agree, especially No 3 (f/11 1/320s 17-85@85mm). It was too late for all images, when I realized the ISO was 400 (unchanged from the previous night). A truly newbie mistake.

DragonHeart, can you tell me what kind of post-processing did you do? I like the colors better.

Thanks again!
 
Hi guys,

DragonHeart, can you tell me what kind of post-processing did you do? I like the colors better.

Thanks again!

Vesko: Really simple. Just took it into Photoshop and did a Remove Digital Camera Noise and the Smart Photo Fix and adjusted the levels slightly from what it suggested.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom