The Coffee House

buy why didn't you get both done at the same time?

In case they screw up!!!! :aiwebs_016:

Mine doesn't recommend it. Even though with today's surgery, the risk of eye infection and other serious complications is very low, complications at the same time, could be visually devastating for a period of time and perhaps even permanently. Also, performing cataract surgery on each eye on separate days allows the surgeon and patient to evaluate the visual outcome of the first surgery, which might influence choices made for the second surgery

buy why didn't you get both done at the same time?

In case they screw up!!!! :aiwebs_016:

Mine doesn't recommend it. Even though with today's surgery, the risk of eye infection and other serious complications is very low, complications at the same time, could be visually devastating for a period of time and perhaps even permanently. Also, performing cataract surgery on each eye on separate days allows the surgeon and patient to evaluate the visual outcome of the first surgery, which might influence choices made for the second surgery
Ah, that's right, you're having cataract surgery, as well. I'm glad it's going well thus far, aside from the difficulty in using two different eyes! ;)

I've known at least three people that have gone the LASIK route (through three different doctors), all three did both on the same day. I'm guessing that time off work also factored into their decision to do both at the same time.

Anyone else watching Succession on HBO?

Not, yet. My wife wanted to start that, and then I ended up diverting twice, LOL. The first was watching the Detectorists, all three seasons. We finished those in like a week or so (half-hour episodes with not many episodes per season). And then I had this crazy idea to watch Harry Potter from beginning to end, so we're currently doing that, LOL.

But, it's on our list. :)

Not, yet. My wife wanted to start that, and then I ended up diverting twice, LOL. The first was watching the Detectorists, all three seasons. We finished those in like a week or so (half-hour episodes with not many episodes per season). And then I had this crazy idea to watch Harry Potter from beginning to end, so we're currently doing that, LOL.

I recommend it. Terrific acting by the 2 leads - Brian Cox and Jeremy Stern. Really enjoying it so far. Hoping to finish the season tonight.

've known at least three people that have gone the LASIK route (through three different doctors), all three did both on the same day. I'm guessing that time off work also factored into their decision to do both at the same time.

My daughter had LASIK, but they still did one eye at a time. LASIK makes corrections to the cornea, Cataract surgery replaces the natural lens with a new synthetic lens.

I recommend it. Terrific acting by the 2 leads - Brian Cox and Jeremy Stern. Really enjoying it so far. Hoping to finish the season tonight.
Thanks! Will check it out!

Yeah, there's a reason they only do one eye at a time... I had a procedure done and everything went black afterwards for awhile. And it was preventive but we so far haven't done the other one because I kept seeing dark spots from the laser way longer than you're supposed to. My mom has had umpteen eye surgeries since I was in high school and boy the laser now is lots better than what they used to do! (You don't want to know.)

But I didn't even like it during an eye exam when they thought the drops to dilate didn't go in one eye so did an extra drop - then one eye un-dilated and the other didn't til next morning and I felt like I was looking underwater all evening! lol

Glad Smoke that yours went well, bet you'll be glad when it recovers completely.

ditch witch is what I'm talking about. Went to drag race today. Fired off two rolls in no time. One guy in the stands looked at me and said, "son, you need a proper camera". I said, "it's all I got", he said, "well, stupid is as stupid does". I don't have a motor drive so I was epileptic about the whole half hour frames per second, wearing shorts, dress socks, and a wife beater.
I'd have told him it is a proper camera.

Well, the work computer (actually the user account) is fixed, sort of. It turns out the security software is interpreting .lock files as malicious. The problem is, when a map is opened in the GIS software, a lock is placed on the local databases (not the countywide enterprise servers) where the map layers reside. So I'm still just working in Python, today.

Glad the eye work went well, Smoke. Mine went fine, and it'a been a year, already.

I tried to slice off the tip of my right "social" finger while washing dishes, yesterday. I've been put out of commission by MLW for a couple of days.

OK I saw this before and at first was trying to think what do you wear that would be called a wife beater?! But really JC, this is the 21st century, something named after hitting a spouse is really not something to joke about.

And I think you may have meant apoplectic not epileptic, because that condition isn't particularly something to joke about either if you know anyone who has epilepsy. (I guess neither is, I had to look up apoplexy because you don't really hear that term used.)

Charlie, not too much I hope.

@snowbear so far so good. As my vision has been clearing another pleasant thing I've noticed is the difference in Blues between the two eyes. All the shades of blue when view from the good eye now appear much brighter, more blue. The surgeon also told me I'd see improved greens.

Most reactions

Back