The Contrast.

Myspacepix!

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Contrast:

DSC_0307.jpg

Woah, too much contrast for my taste. I like the angle and the idea of this shot, maybe if you lowered the contrast but played around with what it would look like just in black in white?

well i didnt mess with the contast to much, it was just a dark road and dirt, ill try lowering the contrast some, thanks for the comment!

Now, I'm a huge fan of contrast, but I'm not a huge fan of all that white! There is just so much white, and not a lot of detail in the shot because of it. I like the idea, I just don't think it worked particularly well for this shot, sorry.

trenton, do you think i could help solve the issue by cropping some of the snow oout? ill try and post results

I think you shot it overexposed so the whites are blown out. Hard to get snow just perfect and not over expose it. I love the angle of the shot and the composure though.

trenton, do you think i could help solve the issue by cropping some of the snow oout? ill try and post results

No, I don't think so. I actually think the foreground is the only thing that makes this shot mildly interesting to look at. I think I was a bit harsh in my original post, because I'm looking at again, and I actually like it more than I did before. Haha. I would just try and take the contrast down a notch (but still keep it high-contrast, because it's what makes this scene more interesting), and maybe bring the exposure down a bit. So yeah, mess around with it a bit and post the results. :]

DSC_307-1.jpg

iight so i turned the exposure down, turned some sharpness up, and it got more contrast but with more detail i think though

dsc03071em7.jpg

my bad link was wrong, got imageshack on

oh by the way i did cool it down some, it gave it more detail

well, what i had loved about the 1st is missing in the 3rd.. and that would be the skyline details. that blown out white just doesn't do it. I like the little details you've added through the rest.. but need that skyline!

alright alright, i cropped that sky, darn :D. im gunna try and remake the 3rd with the sky, results coming

Most reactions

Back