TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C... :D

2360401099_505e2172a8_o.jpg

It is a really, really, well done black and white photo of a puddle - but it's a photo of a puddle.

A nice photo of a puddle though...

I like photo's of puddles. I also like photo's of wet asphalt. It's a nice puddle and nice asphalt you've got here. You have a good puddle to shoot here Jermz.

I just wonder if you couldn't use more depth of field and crisper detail with more tonal range on this. In an ideal circumstance, this puddle deserves sheet film, at least 4x5 and f64 and cold-tone paper, and selenium toner. In a less than ideal circumstance, like 35mm digital, maybe this is a "close but not quite scenario"

You know, I actually have a 4x5, and selenium toner. Maybe I should take a look around for a few puddles when the snow melts a little more and final exams are over. (I'm a fair bit higher in latitude than you you are) and you've inspired me.

Or wait, I don't own a wide angle for my graphic, so maybe I could just try some of that EFKE ISO 25 I've got left in my icebox?

I like the tonal range, and the fact that you captured the ripple.

However, it is a photo of a puddle, so unless it is SPECTACULAR, it's not going to capture many people's attention.

you know, in black and white the asphalt looks a lot like duckweed and moss floating on a swamp/pond. a bit of a nature feel in the center of clumbling urban infrastructure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back