Roger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mrlowlight.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
604464779_JutYU-L.jpg

Ahhh... The Dolomiti... It makes my heart ache for Italy.

I really like the overhead view of the valley with the clouds above - those are awesome. To me, the pic feels a bit out of balance with such a dark lower left hand corner - my eyes are drawn immediately to that, but I do like the contrast the greenery provides. If that area isn't meant to be the focal point, maybe you could draw the eye by dodging/burning other areas a little more if you want. (This could just be a personal preference, though...)

Also, I'm seeing a dark line in the middle of the river (almost directly in the middle of the pic) - is that a flying saucer? ;)

I really like the feel of this - it reminds me of a winter storm rolling over the mountains - I can almost smell the snow. Thanks for posting the beauty of Italy!

Thanks for your comments Amanda, I agree the scene is very difficult to get a balanced image and it is the contrast of the left and right foreground that's the problem. I was thinking of cropping some out, then darkening the right a little.....that dark spot is a bird I think, I cloned one blurred bird out and left that one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back