The Eagle Nebula

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is an image of the Eagle Nebula, or M16! At the heart of the nebula, is a well known structure called the Pillars of Creation. Made famous by images captured by Hubble, and more recently the James Webb, they are three pillars of gas that are still forming new stars.

In the comments I'll put a link to a detailed, close up image of the Pillars of Creation, captured by the James Webb Space Telescope for reference.

Imaged on 7/9 from my back yard.

-Celestron AVX mount
-Astro-Tech AT130EDT 130mm f/7 telescope with a 0.8x reducer, making it a 728mm focal length, f/5.6 scope.
-ZWO ASI2600MC Pro cooled camera
-ZWO EAF focuser
-Optolong L-Extreme dual narrowband filter
-Pegasus Astro Mini Powerbox
-Orion 60mm guide scope
-Orion Starshoot autoguider
-Controlled with a MeLE Quieter3Q mini PC running Windows

Software
-Sequence Generator Pro for acquisition
-PixInsight and Photoshop for image processing

-55 x 180sec subexposures
-calibrated with 15 each darks, flats, and dark flats
-Total integration time of 2.75hrs

Eagle Nebula 9 June 2023 Crop.jpg

And the imaging setup for reference
20230520_123241.jpg

Always spectacular - thnx for sharing!

Awesome image.

Great image, well done. I've always lived in NY and now NJ. The light stinks here so astrophotography and just looking is difficult.

Thank you for the link!

Your own work above continues to amaze me. This is a fabulous image!
Thanks! It's always neat to see how we as back yard amateurs can stack up against the billion dollar space telescopes 😅
Awesome image.
Thank you!
Great image, well done. I've always lived in NY and now NJ. The light stinks here so astrophotography and just looking is difficult.
That's a bummer. Some cities have done a great job reducing their light polution, but large cities like where you are probably could never reduce it enough to make a big difference..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back