What's new

The Easter Theme - and fun with macro and reversed lens :D AND some music!

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
34,812
Reaction score
822
Location
Lower Saxony, Germany
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Simonch's thread on "The Good Book" gave me the idea that he might have photographed something "Easterly", and then aaronbuk suggested an Easterly line, and I looked it up and thought, hey, we only just sang this line as a motett by Heinrich Schütz the other day (my choir did). I might carry this on and try a macro shot ... and then went on to reversed lens shots (only to get the number wrong in the closest macro :roll: ), happy reading in German of John 3:16 :D

joh31601.jpg


joh31602revlens55mm.jpg

... or only a part thereof ... reversed lens at 55mm

joh31603revlens35mm.jpg

... or an even smaller part of it ... reversed lens at 30mm

joh31604revlens18mm.jpg

... or :oops: the wrong number ... reversed lens at 18mm

And while my choir does not have any examples out in the net of this very piece that we sang, other choirs do, and here is one

http://www.barockmusik.at/hoerproben.html

Look for
Hörbeispiele aus unserem Konzertprogramm
Live-Mitschnitte von diversen Konzerten
vokalensemble NovoCanto


1.Aus: Franz Schubert, Gebet
mp3-Datei (1055kb)​





​


2.Heinrich Schütz, Also hat Gott die Welt geliebt
mp3-Datei (1158kb)​





​


Tiroler Barockinstrumentalisten
1.Aus: Georg Christoph Wagenseil,
Sinfonie in G, 1. Satz: Allegro di molto

mp3-Datei (965kb)​


​

2.Georg Friedrich Händel: 3. Satz: Allegro ma non troppo, aus: Concero grosso No. 5 in d, HWV 316

mp3-Datei (1150kb)​


​

No. 2 "Also hat Gott die Welt geliebt" and click on the "anhören"-Link ... which may even work out of the quote!!! The choir you will then hear sings the piece accompanied by baroque instruments, whereas we sang it a capella. It is a beautiful piece of music.
 
that extreme shallow dof is impressive :) Did some similar images with a close up lens, but not that extreme magnification. They are lost though with the dead laptop harddrive.

what sort of reverse hardware do you use? I thought of getting the Novoflex system, but that is fairly expensive.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
No reverse lens hardware at all. I take it off and turn it around and HOLD it to the "hole". Just hold it there and take the photo. Never took any more than these four :D ... I couldn't be bothered to go back and take a photo of the 16, as would have been appropriate, either ;)
And did you listen to the MUSIC!?!?
It is not us singing, but hey, believe me: we were as good :greenpbl: ... and sang the piece a capella!!! :D
 
Can't say I know what all this is about (cranky old atheist that I am) but the texture in the paper comes out amazingly well in those shots. Well done, Corinna!
 
No reverse lens hardware at all. I take it off and turn it around and HOLD it to the "hole". Just hold it there and take the photo. Never took any more than these four :D ... I couldn't be bothered to go back and take a photo of the 16, as would have been appropriate, either ;)

oh, ok, that is the fussgänger-weg ;) :)

quite demanding.

look at the novoflex site to see a reverse adapter for EOS which transmits all the data to the camera ;)
 
And did you listen to the MUSIC!?!?

I am afraid not! I am not alone in the room an there is some movie on the screen in front of me, so I do not want to disturb ;)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #7
...the texture in the paper comes out amazingly well in those shots.

Thank you :D. I twisted and turned that desk light I had and laid it on the side and all just so the paper texture would show, that was my primary goal. And I never took any more than these 4 pics ... worked nicely, my hand was steady :D.
 
ooooh.... me likey!!! YOU STOLE MY GLORY :P hehe
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom