The Editor In Chief

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently did a shoot with this model who's look was giving strong Anna Wintour / Miranda Priestly energy. One of my favorite documentaries is called "The September Issue", which heavily features Anna Wintour, who is the editor in chief of American Vogue. Coincidentally, one of my favorite films is "The Devil Wears Prada", where the character Miranda Priestly (who is implied to be the so-called "devil" in the title of the film) is based off of Anna Wintour. Also, Miranda was NOT the villain in The Devil Wears Prada. The boyfriend was and I will die on that hill!

Anyways, no one comes here to read about my movie tastes, so here are the photos:
364A8039-Enhanced-NR copy.jpg

364A8054-Enhanced-NR_1 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Nice enough but personally don't see the Wintour or any other connection. Want context? The Vreeland doc is well worth a look and analysis:

Nice enough but personally don't see the Wintour or any other connection. Want context? The Vreeland doc is well worth a look and analysis:

I love that documentary! I've watched it a couple times. Diana Vreeland was such a one of a kind person. Honestly when it comes to vision and creativity, Anna just doesn't compare.

Also, Anna Wintour is known for having the same bob haircut for a very long time as well as having a lot of fur in her wardrobe. One of Miranda Priestly's defining visual characteristics is her bright gray hair. The bright gray bob cut and the faux fur jacket are what made me think of Anna and Miranda when i saw the model in person for the first time.

Not trying to discredit your opinion @cgw , just explaining why I personally see the connection.

Last edited:
Would love to see you channel the look Avedon and Penn caught, especially with Dovima:

BTW, ever see the film about David Bailey and Jean Shrimpton, "We'll Take Manhattan"?

Would love to see you channel the look Avedon and Penn caught, especially with Dovima:

BTW, ever see the film about David Bailey and Jean Shrimpton, "We'll Take Manhattan"?
I love Avedon and Penn. I interned for a photographer who was Irving Penn's 1st assistant for several years. That said, there are many photographers whom I take influence from, including them.

Last edited:
Absolutely wonderful images! I'm not normally a fan of looking straight into the lens, but that first one works very well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back