The Fall

Alpha

Troll Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was the most visually breathtaking movie I have ever seen. Tarsem deserves some kind of be-all-end-all award for the cinematography. And who the **** is Hernán Bouza? Says he was the DP. Never heard of him but I will be keeping and eye out.

Is this a new movie?

It came out in 2006 but wasn't picked up by a distributor until recently. Made theater rounds a few months ago and is now out on DVD. I can't recommend it enough, if only for the visuals.

what (very basically and without spoilers please ;)) is the story?

Set in 1915 in LA, in a hospital. A stunt actor has become a paraplegic in a stunt and befriends a 4 year old girl who has broken her arm. He tells her an epic story. The movie is how she imagines the story as he narrates. It's based on the old movie Yo Ho Ho.

The acting is questionable. The plot is believable is not very complex. But within the context of how it works...i.e. it really just is a guy narrating a story and the girl imagining it (with a sub-plot of course), if you don't take it as a movie that's supposed to have a masterful screenplay and incredible true-to-life acting, it's really quite good. The girl, however, is excellent.

Even so, a must-see.

Last edited:
I'll check this one out. Another movie which completely blew me away for cinematography was AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically the first half (Kubrick's - he died halfway through). It was probably the first film I've ever seen that made me conciously aware of how amazing the cinematography was.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back