mauvesmiles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photo.inform.social
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
rautatiemuseo.jpg

I was visiting the city of Hyvinkää, Finland around Xmas of 2021. Since it is home to the Finnish Railway Museum, I wanted to see what kind of photo opportunities the old railroad yard from 1870 would offer me. In 2021, I had acquired my trusty Nikkor 16-35mm, which is an excellent lens for architectural photography. I was still getting used to the lens and how to work with it without creating crazy distortions that cannot be fixed in post process.

To me this image proves that you can capture meaningful images even under less than ideal conditions.

What do you think?

(Hopefully, the watermarked web version's OK for this forum.) 🤔

The watermark is okay, just a little distracting. :) But okay to have it there, of course.

I like this! The curve of the building makes a nice composition, as Jeff stated. I also like the tracks in the foreground, leading out. This looks like a fun place to take pictures.

The watermark is okay, just a little distracting. :) But okay to have it there, of course.

Great! With my portfolio images I want to do this, since there's been some misuse of my images in the past.

I like this! The curve of the building makes a nice composition, as Jeff stated. I also like the tracks in the foreground, leading out. This looks like a fun place to take pictures.

It indeed is. I probably should go back there in the spring to get some more shots of these historic buildings in a different light.

Nice. Love old roundhouses. So few survive in N. America.

You might enjoy this:

Very interesting background information I was unaware of. Too bad they had to tear down the old roundhouse in Toronto it seems. Even still, the roundhouses are visually very interesting structures. They remind me of old Roman market place structures such as the Trajan's Market in Rome.

My 1st thought was, WOW, look at the history in the photo!
Thoughts of when this was full of trains or cargo, building materials etc.
I love history. :)

But then, yes what great balance of light, color ..likening!
Nancy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back