The forums are SLOW

The forums are also slow in the sense that there's not much activity even with more members than ever. You can post a photo and it will stay on the first page for days, even if it gets no replies at all.

well there aren't more members than ever, at least not active ones. about 1-2 years ago there were about 120 online at the busy times and today its about 130 at most. About 9-10 months ago it was as high as 140 but then the forum changed. So not much of an increase. Most of the members on here these days are new members and new to photography and when they don't get any replies or the replies they get are rude they leave.

I've never known Off Topic to be so dead, at one point there were 3 big games going, WA, ban the person and song title game, and there were loads of daily threads starting. Then the games were moved to a new section and bang! OT was dead. I remember when 3 days of threads were all you could see in OT on page 1 now is about 8 or 9 days worth.

There are far too many threads on this forum that disappear off the page without any replies, even in the feedback section it happens and that really shouldn't be the case.

As I type there are 30 members online and 1 MOD!!!!! I often see this forum with no MODS on at all these days. When I joined back in 2006 there would of been about 50 members on at this time and about 3-4 MODS. It says volumes to me that there are longs periods of time during the day when there are no MODS on this forum. Hell once upon a time I remember MODS replying to threads like they were going out of fashion. But hey new owners and all that :er: Yes I know MODS have lives but come on this is a World wide forum and maybe just maybe there should be a few more MODS in different time zones??

Anyway I'm starting to bore myself now so I'll end it here :lol:

Sometimes the Feed Back section is the most interesting place on this forum. I haven't seen a good fight on here for a while either, which is quite worrying. I might just have a browse through the archive and reminisce.

Hey did you think about it being summer now? I'm in Poland with little internet access so maybe that's why its less active :p

Hey did you think about it being summer now? I'm in Poland with little internet access so maybe that's why its less active :p
Summer would generally mean more people are taking photos and posting them and that isnt happening here.

Maybe a lot of us are posting on a newly set up forum? ;)

I go to the other photoforum now:grumpy::thumbup:

:sexywink:

photoforum.com:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back