The gritty mean streets of Scooter racing...

12sndsgood

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.square1photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yeah, scooter racing does exist I got a chance to come out and partake in documenting these guys (and girls) riding there scooters down the 1/8th mile track as fast as those little things could muster. fastest speed at the 1.8th mile mark was around 77mph. it was intersting to say the least.

1. not the sharpest but one of my favorites for the mere 1/20th SS

NASRA-69 by Square1 photography, on Flickr

NASRA-142 by Square1 photography, on Flickr

NASRA-184 by Square1 photography, on Flickr

NASRA-217 by Square1 photography, on Flickr

NASRA-205 by Square1 photography, on Flickr

I quite like the first one and the last one. I'd have preferred the taller bit of the wall wasn't there, but it's not too distracting. I think the wheel being cut off is worse. But even so I like it quite a lot. He looks really into it.

I had no idea. Thank you for sharing.

I quite like the first one and the last one. I'd have preferred the taller bit of the wall wasn't there, but it's not too distracting. I think the wheel being cut off is worse. But even so I like it quite a lot. He looks really into it.

Yeah, where I was it was hard to get the entire bike for those that were going down the near lane. eventually later in the day I was able to get some better spots where I got right up on the rail and could get a lot of them In better so my options were I could get panning shots with most of the bike visable in the far lane #1 #2. near lane half the bike was cut off as in #3 #5 or head on shots of near lane as in #4 but couldn't pan from that location. compromises had to be made for some.

I thought these all were really damn nicely done.
Let me point out something different that seems different to me between 1 & 2.

#1 is in the center of the image and his jacket was blown out. Both of these these elements take away from the dynamism of teh image.
#2 has more in front than behind and is nicely saturated.

I lived in Indianapolis for two years (IUPUI in grad school) but never got to see scooters race.

Is Howard Wolowitz your hero? He does ride the second biggest Vespa made.

10304354043_fd7cef6e3e_kllll.jpg~original

Thanks Lew. you mean the woman in #1, and not to post a woman's age but she was I would guess mid 50's as well ;) I'll blame the original crop on it being around 2am and me being blinded by the S.S. catch lol. normally for racing, or any moving automobile in general I try to place them a bit back of center to add to the feeling of where they are headed, but could have also been doing 50-60 of these with somewhat similar crops and me just changing one or two up to put some variety in the set as a whole.

Although I do love me some big bang theory I had never known about scooter racing until I shot a guys car a few months back and he just happened to run the organization. He loved the photos I had done for him so it has worked into me doing other work for him such as this event. so can't really complain. Wouldn't mind a bit more speed for a bit more excitement. but paid work is paid work.

I love it, people will race anything lol

Anyhow, my favorite is number one.

I thought these all were really damn nicely done.
Let me point out something different that seems different to me between 1 & 2.

#1 is in the center of the image and his jacket was blown out. Both of these these elements take away from the dynamism of teh image.
#2 has more in front than behind and is nicely saturated.

I lived in Indianapolis for two years (IUPUI in grad school) but never got to see scooters race.

Is Howard Wolowitz your hero? He does ride the second biggest Vespa made.

10304354043_fd7cef6e3e_kllll.jpg~original

Like for Big Bang Theory reference.

Most reactions

Back